Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lisa Ray thanks her Indian fans for their love

Reports flashed on internet recently that Lisa Ray, who can be seen in the film Cooking with Stella at the Toronto International Film Festival, wrote in her blog that she is suffering from Multiple Myeloma (also known as MM, myeloma, plasma cell myeloma, or as Kahler's disease), a cancer of the white blood cells known as plasma cells. Plasma cells, or B cells, are part of the immune system, formed in bone marrow.

The Canadian born (April 4, 1972) actress Lisa Ray has her roots in India too through her Bengali father, though her mother is from Poland. She describes herself “good, dutiful half-Bengali daughter” in her blog!

She writes in her blog, “And I blame you India. You have sent me so much love. And advice. So I went through each and every message. Like the good, dutiful half-Bengali daughter I am. Except I’m not studying for my medical finals, I’m looking at each and every word you have sent.”

Also she wrote, “I was in Kerala on a yoga/Ayurvedic retreat when I had to have my first blood transfusion this year. That was in March. I’ve been practising yoga for ten years now. I go to Dharamsala for month long silent meditation retreats at Tushita Meditation Centre once a year. And then on the other end I chant Mantras for hours. I also practise Vipassana, Metta, Shambala and as many other meditation techniques as I can find. My cupboards are full of naturopathic, Chinese and homeopathic remedies…”

Lisa Ray’s films include Kasoor, Defender, Trader Games, Cooking with Stella, Toronto Stories, Kill Kill Faster Faster, The World Unseen, I Can't Think Straight, All Hat, A Stone's Throw, Water, Bollywood/Hollywood, and her selected television include Psych, Great Canadian Book Club, Blood Ties and The Genies- 2006.

Wish the talented actress speedy recovery! Click on the links above to visit her official website and to visit her blog to know more about her ailment and to wish her speedy recovery!

No comments: