Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dev D shines at Filmfare Awards

The 2009 Bollywood romantic film, written and directed by Anurag Kashyap, based on Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay's classic Bengali novel Devdas, was a big winner at the Filmfare Awards, along with ‘3 Idiots’ that swept most categories and ‘Paa’. Director of ‘Dev D’ Anurag Kashyap walked in for the ceremony with his girlfriend Kalki Koechlin, who is a lead star of the film. The lovely lady said, “This is my first nomination, I am really, really happy. It is a huge thing for me." The film won awards in the following categories:

Best Background Score: Kabir Bedi and Mukesh Bhatt presented the award to Amit Trivedi, who said, “I kept very quiet about my work. I would let my work do the talking. This is my first Filmfare. I have fallen in love with this black lady.”

Best Cinematographer: Anurag Kashyap received the award on behalf of Rajeev Ravi.

Best Production Design: Helen and Sukant

Best Supporting Actor (Female): Neil Mukesh and Kunal Kohli presented the award to Kalki Koechlin. She thanked everyone from the Dev D team and ended her speech by saying, “I also want to thank the most important person in my life, Anurag Kashyap.”

Best Actor (Female): Mahi Gill, who won the Best Actress Award (Critics) for her debut film Dev D, was wearing a black and golden gown, in which she looked very stunning. “I have no idea if I have been nominated for the award. But I am very excited as this is my first Filmfare night,” she said.

No comments: