Sunday, February 7, 2010

Shweta Bhardwaj ready to do anything for success

Shweta Bhardwaj large wallpaper
shweta-bhardwaj-0a.jpg, originally uploaded by shameerpuri.

I was surprised to read the headline, “I will do anything for success”, with the same photo in this wallpaper (click to enlarge) of the model and actress Shweta Bhardwaj, in HT City. The actress debuted in the film ‘Mission Istaanbul’, the 2008 action film starring herself, Vivek Oberoi, Zayed Khan and Shriya Saran, co-produced by Suniel Shetty as a Lara Croft type of character. Now she is all set to don 62 distinct looks in a French film, probably a world record for any actor or actress from anywhere in the world. Seemingly the actress did not have high-profile offers ever since from Bollywood or other Indian film industries, as it is reported, ‘while she got Rs 11,000 for a Hindi film, for the French film, she has been paid a whopping Rs 50 lakh’. “Bollywood doesn’t pay newcomers. I got Rs 25-32 lakh for doing two films down South. Now, I have a house worth Rs 3 crore, four cars and a steady bank balance,” she told HT.

“I will do anything to get there, anything,” the paper quotes her, and continues, “I have no intentions of getting married since I am way too ambitious. I can compromise on anything under the sun, except my character. But that’s not to say I’m a virgin.”

She may be too determined to achieve success of the top order in her film career, but she is too bold to declare to which extent she is ready to go for achieving her goals. It also sends wrong signals as to what she wants to achieve, fame, money, or excellence as an actress, as also about the cost of such achievements. Her statement above is just like her balance sheet (Income and Expenditure Account, rather) and leaves a big gap and fails to explain how she could earn a house worth Rs 3 crore, four cars and a steady bank balance! Any ideas?

No comments: